You’ve been hurt in a car accident in South Carolina. Now it’s time to negotiate a car accident settlement with a claims adjuster. Working with an experienced South Carolina car accident lawyer can increase your chances of striking a fair deal and securing the best possible results in your case.
Insurance adjusters are well-trained, savvy investigators. Their main goal is to resolve claims as quickly as possible. Usually, this means pressuring claimants into accepting settlement offers that are far less than what they are truly owed.
Don’t let the insurance company take the easy way out. Turn your case over to the dedicated Orangeburg car accident attorneys at Wilson Law Group, LLC. We have fought for the rights of accident victims in Orangeburg and the surrounding areas for decades. You can count on us to push for maximum results in your case.
Call or contact us for a free consultation today.
Insurance Adjuster Settlement Tactics
These are some common tactics that adjusters use, always with the goal of keeping payouts as low as possible:
- Stalling. Every day the company doesn’t have to pay out for damages is a win for them. A skilled car accident lawyer will hold adjusters accountable for unfairly delaying a claim.
- Disappearing. Many claimants get frustrated when the insurance company stops calling and simply give up. Attorneys are fierce advocates for their clients and will push until they get a response.
- Asking for a recorded statement or for you to sign a medical record authorization. Once you hire a car accident lawyer, he or she can handle all communications for you. This can prevent the insurer from accessing information that could damage your claim.
- Telling you that you don’t need a lawyer. Everyone is entitled to legal counsel if they choose.
How an Orangeburg Car Accident Lawyer Can Get a Fair Settlement for You
There are many advantages of working with a car accident lawyer to negotiate a car accident settlement. A lawyer can:
- Determine an appropriate value on your case: Deciding what your case is worth comes from analyzing the facts of your case and researching how much cases similar to yours have settled for in the past. A lawyer can do all the legal legwork for you.
- Issuing the demand letter: An attorney can draft a letter to the insurance company requesting compensation and providing initial proof of your injury.
- Negotiating with the insurance company: Attorneys can anticipate the challenges than adjusters may make with your claim and come to the negotiation table prepared with arguments and evidence to refute their disputes.
- Advise you on the fairness of an offer: You’re guaranteed to get a lowball settlement offer on the first try. A car accident lawyer can advise you when the offer is fair or whether other steps, such as filing a lawsuit, might improve your chances of getting a better outcome.
- Represent you at trial: The majority of car accident cases result in settlements. But sometimes, the threat of trial is what it takes for an insurance company to finally make a good settlement offer. A lawyer can file the lawsuit for you and ensure that all deadlines are met.
Contact an Orangeburg Car Accident Lawyer at Wilson Law Group Today
If you or someone you love was hurt in a South Carolina crash, Wilson Law Group LLC can help. Schedule a free consultation with an experienced Orangeburg car accident lawyer today.