Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in South Carolina
Spinal cord injuries can be catastrophic. Your mobility, your ability to work, and your life may be changed forever. In many cases, spinal cord injury victims face permanent limitations that can shape the rest of their life. There’s no way to undo the accident that caused your injury, but there may be compensation available to help you move forward with your life.
Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Wilson & Luginbill understand what a spinal cord injury means for victims. We’ve helped clients across South Carolina who have suffered spinal cord injuries in car accidents, construction site accidents, falls, and many other settings. No matter how you were injured, our attorneys can help you build a claim and pursue the compensation you need from those responsible.
For a free consultation about your case, call us or use our online contact options now.
How Our Attorneys Can Help After an Accident
Spinal cord injuries are serious conditions that can change the course of your life. Your mobility may be reduced, your quality of life may suffer, and your ability to work and do the activities you enjoy doing may be taken away by your injury. If you’re injured, a spinal cord injury claim can help you find the compensation you need. When you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury, make sure that you get dedicated and experienced legal help to build your claim.
The experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Wilson & Luginbill can:
- Investigate your accident and help hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
- Evaluate your injuries, determine how much compensation you may be entitled to, and build a strong claim on the facts of your injuries.
- Handle negotiations with insurers and at fault individuals.
- Aggressively fight for you in any court proceedings.
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s carelessness, it’s essential to get skilled legal representation for your claim. At Wilson & Luginbill, we have decades of collective experience helping injury victims secure fair compensation for their injuries. We’ll build your claim, negotiate with those responsible, and if needed, fight for you in court for the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for an Accident Involving Spinal Cord Injuries in South Carolina
There are many ways to secure compensation for a spinal cord injury. Types of compensation may include:
- Medical costs including treatment after the injury and costs for future care. Spinal cord injuries are major injuries that require advanced medical treatment and ongoing therapy and care in many cases. Victims may have to undergo multiple surgeries, physical therapy, and even then, it may not be possible to restore a victim’s full mobility. Spinal cord injury victims may require expensive equipment such as wheelchairs and other mobility tools and personal assistance. A spinal cord injury claim may include medical costs after the accident and the cost of any medical treatment that you need in the future.
- Lost wages and income. A spinal cord injury can change everything, including your ability to work. A spinal cord injury claim may include any wages you’ve lost because of your injury. A claim may also include compensation for any future opportunities that you may lose because of your injuries.
- Loss of consortium. When a victim suffers a spinal cord injury, they may not be the only one affected. A victim’s spouse and family may lose the care, support, and services that the victim provided. A spinal cord injury claim may include the losses that a victim’s spouse and family experience.
- Physical and mental pain. Spinal cord injuries may result in chronic physical pain for a victim. This pain can degrade a victim’s quality of life and cause problems every day. A spinal cord injury can also result in severe mental anguish and lasting problems such as depression, anxiety, and other significant issues. If you’re suffering physical or psychological pain because of your injuries, you may be able to get compensation.
When you suffer a spinal cord injury in an accident that was someone else’s fault, there are options available for your recovery. An experienced spinal cord injury attorney can review your case and advise you on the next steps in your recovery.
Symptoms of a Spinal Cord Injury
The spinal cord is responsible for much of the communication between the brain and the rest of the body. If it’s damaged, it’s easy for many different symptoms to arise. A doctor can evaluate your injuries and let you know if you have suffered a spinal cord injury.
Examples of spinal cord injury symptoms include:
- Partial or complete paralysis.
- Loss of coordination, lack of ability to balance, and reduced mobility.
- Respiratory problems and difficulty breathing.
- Diminished sensation or numbness in extremities.
- Chronic pain.
If you’ve been involved in an accident, and you believe your spinal cord may have been injured, get a medical evaluation as soon as you can.
Treatment of Spinal Cord Injuries
In some cases, the symptoms of a spinal cord injury may be treatable, but the underlying injury cannot be. Even the best modern medicine cannot repair or replace a damaged spinal cord. However, there are ways of treating the tissue around the spinal cord and helping victims minimize further damage.
After an accident, treatments include:
- Immobilization of the victim’s neck and back to minimize further damage to the spinal cord. This may include traction and time in the hospital.
- Surgeries to repair supporting tissues, disks, vertebrae, and bones.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy. After a spinal cord injury, injury victims may need to go through long-term rehabilitation to help them regain some of their mobility.
- Medication can help victims minimize some of the symptoms related to a spinal cord injury.
Dedicated South Carolina Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
Spinal cord injuries can arise from virtually any type of accident. No matter how it happened, the consequences can be catastrophic. Even a minor spinal cord injury can reduce your mobility, have significant complications, and leave your struggling to get your life back to where it was. If you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury that was due to the negligence of another, don’t wait to get legal help for your claim.
At Wilson & Luginbill our attorneys have worked with spinal cord injury victims and fought for the recovery they need. We proudly represent South Carolina spinal cord injury victims. If you’ve been injured, we can help you pursue the justice and compensation you need.
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, contact us for a free consultation about your case. Call us or fill out a contact form to speak with us today.