Victim of Police Misconduct?

Our S.C. personal injury attorneys go the extra mile to provide what you need after a serious accident.

Why Hire Us?

  • More than 40 years of experience winning the tough cases
  • Committed to putting your needs first
  • Unmatched customer service.
Learn More

What Clients Say About Us

“Wilson Law Group, LLC has been top notch since my first visit over 12 years ago. They're accessible, always well prepared, and he give excellent advice. I recommend to all of our friends and family.” – Kelly Marie Connell Brown View More

Protecting The Civil Rights Of People Injured By The Police In The Midlands And Low Country

Police Excessive Force

Altercations between police and citizens are beginning to show up in videos on the news and social media nearly every day in America. As the police begin coming under increased scrutiny regarding their tactics in our communities, too many are responding with increasing violence while making arrests.

Excessive Force And Police Brutality. What Is The Difference?

Technically, there is no such charge as “police brutality” in South Carolina. Police may face a civil charge of police misconduct for violating a person’s civil rights by using unapproved methods at the scene of an altercation with a citizen. This can include physically restraining a suspect using unapproved holds, using unnecessary physical force to remove a bystander from the scene of an altercation all the way up to the use of deadly force. Police may be liable for the injuries caused if they lacked the constitutional right to use force or if they were negligent in failing to follow proper training and protocols.

We also represent people who have had their rights violated by being wrongfully detained, searched or arrested by law enforcement officials.

Get Started with your CaseCall Us at 803-245-7799

If you or a loved one were the victim of excessive force by a police officer in South Carolina, stand up for your civil rights. Talk to an attorney Wilson Law Group, LLC, in Bamberg. A lawyer will review your circumstances in a free consultation and explain your options for filing a claim for damages from the municipality responsible for employing the officer or officers involved.

Call us at 877-471-0048 or locally at 803-245-7799or send us an email today.